Ogden Publications Inc. is the leading information resource serving the sustainable living, rural lifestyle, farm memorabilia and classic motorcycle communities. Our key brands include Mother Earth News, Grit, Farm Collector, and Motorcycle Classics. In addition to producing valuable information for our audiences and distributing it in print, online, at special events, and through social media, we also are a go-to resource for books and products that appeal to these lifestyles.
About this position
The Event Production Assistant joins a small but growing team who are broadening our direct-to-consumer events business that connect the “can do” inspiration of our media content to more than 24 million customers each year. As our events continue to expand, the Event Production Assistant will be heavily involved in the day-to-day activities of this critical part of our business. These activities include programming and production planning as well as promotion and marketing support for both in-person and online events.
- Assist the programming director with procuring programming details for events
- Assist the events and programming director writing, designing, and executing event promotion materials
- Establish and track arrangements and serve as primary point of contact with event production vendors
- Long-term and short-term project management
- Collaborate with multiple company departments on a variety of projects that serve to integrate all event coordination streams
- Occasional out of state travel for in-person events is required
Who you are
You are a positive, agile individual, who is looking for an exciting and ever-changing environment, comfortable with basic computer software systems, a quick learner, and possesses a willingness to work closely with a creative event production team on multiple unique event-related projects simultaneously.
- Are comfortable working in both a team environment and independently
- Are someone with excellent organization skills, strong attention to detail, and a desire to problem solve
- Are comfortable managing multiple projects
- Possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have a strong and consistent work ethic
- Are familiar with Outlook, and Office Suite
- Are flexible, and possess a desire to learn new systems and develop new processes
- Have a personal interest in the communities we reach, though not required
Additional skills/achievements desired but not required
- Possess an entrepreneurial business acumen with a history of identifying and achieving both existing and new revenue goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Events Management, Marketing, Communications, or Journalism
- Familiarity with basic HTML a plus
- Have some experience with collaboration and work management software such as Smartsheet
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off*
- Flexible Schedule
Many in the company are working remotely at this time. Because of the team-oriented nature of this job, ideally the employee would work in the office. However, we are flexible under the right circumstances.
Ogden Publications Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability status, national origin, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Cumulative after start date