Ogden Publications, Inc. Sweepstakes FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I find all open sweepstakes for Ogden Publications, Inc.?
2. How often can I enter?
3. Where can I find the official rules of the sweepstakes?
4. Why is my state/province restricted from entry?
5. Can those under 18 enter your sweepstakes?
6. How do I know if I am a winner?
7. Where will I be able to see the list of winners of these sweepstakes?
8. If I win and accept the prize package, will I be responsible for paying all applicable taxes on the prize package?
9. If I win and accept the prize package, will I be responsible for delivery of the prize package?
10. How will you use and/or share my information?
11. Why is my e-mail address invalid?
12. How Do You Choose your Prizes?
13. Contact Ogden Publications, Inc.
14. About Ogden Publications, Inc.
1. Where can I find all open sweepstakes for Ogden Publications, Inc.? Mother Earth News Natural Home Utne Reader Grit and Capper's The Herb Companion Farm Collector and Gas Engine Magazine Motorcycle Classics Magazine
2. How often can I enter? Our sweepstakes rules clearly only allow one entry per e-mail address for the entire course of the sweepstakes. If you enter more than once, we will remove any duplicate entries at the end of the sweepstakes. Entering a sweepstakes more than once does not increase your chances of winning.
3. Where can I find the official rules of the sweepstakes? You'll find links to official rules on the entry form for each sweepstakes. The information on this page is provided for information purposes only and is not the binding official terms and conditions of the sweepstakes.
4. Why is my state/province restricted from entry? Each state has its own rules governing sweepstakes, occasionally making it more difficult for a sponsor to offer a promotion in a particular state. Florida, New York and Rhode Island often are excluded because they have more restrictive laws governing prizes of high value. Although not legally restrictive, Alaska and Hawaii are often omitted due to higher shipping costs for distributing prizes. Some other common restrictions include California, Tennessee and Utah for alcohol-related sweepstakes; Massachusetts, Michigan and Virginia for tobacco-related sweeps; while Quebec has particularly stringent laws about sweepstakes. 5. Can those under 18 enter your sweepstakes? Because of COPPA and child protection rules, we cannot request personal information from anybody under the age of 18. 6. How do I know if I am a winner? All winners are selected by computer at random. We will contact each potential winner e-mail address and/or phone number provided at the time of entry. You will also receive a package containing an Affidavit Of Eligibility and a Publicity Release. 7. Where will I be able to see the list of winners of these sweepstakes? After each winner has been confirmed, that person's name, city and state/province will be posted on our List of Winners.
8. If I win and accept the prize package, will I be responsible for paying all applicable taxes on the prize package? Yes. If the prize value is more than $600, the sponsor is required by law to report the prize (awarded to a U.S. resident) to the IRS. In which case the sponsor will request your social security number and send you an affidavit to fill out. If the prize value is less than $600 the sponsor is not required to report the prize and so may or may not choose to report it. In either case it is your responsibility to include your accumulated winnings in your taxable income. 9. If I win and accept the prize package, will I be responsible for delivery of the prize package? This depends on the sweepstakes. Check the official rules for more details. 10. How will you use and/or share my information? Participation in a sweepstakes sponsored by Ogden Publications, Inc. is completely voluntary. In order to be a valid entry, the user must provide the requested contact information. By entering a sweepstakes, users will receive occasional promotional e-mail offers from the magazine hosting the sweepstakes and Ogden Publications, Inc. Users can unsubscribe from these offers by using the provided unsubscribe link within the e-mail. On occasion, we may also provide targeted lists of names and offline and online contact information for marketing purposes to third parties, subject to our Permission policies. We give users the option of not having their name or contact information disclosed to third parties. 11. Why is my e-mail address invalid? In order to decrease typos, you must enter your e-mail address twice before you click submit. If those two fields do not match, you will get the invalid e-mail address error.
12. How do you choose your prizes? Prizes are offered by companies with whom we develop relationships. If you have a prize you feel our visitors would be interested in, please contact us.13. Contact Ogden Publications, Inc. If you have any more questions, please contact us by e-mail or toll-free by telephone, (800) 678-5779. 14. About Ogden Publications, Inc. Ogden Publications Inc. is the leading information resource serving the sustainable living, rural lifestyle, farm memorabilia and classic motorcycle communities. Its brands include industry authorities Mother Earth News, Natural Home, Utne Reader, The Herb Companion, Great Green Careers, Capper’s, Grit, CommunityChickens.com, Farm Collector, Gas Engine Magazine and Motorcycle Classics.
Copyright 2013, All Rights Reserved 2008, All Rights Reserved | Ogden Publications, Inc., 1503 SW 42nd St., Topeka, Kansas 66609-1265
Special Interest Websites :
Great Green Careers
Mother Earth Now
Good Things to Eat