Ogden Publications, Inc – Web Developer
The Web Developer will contribute to the definition, design and development of high quality websites and web-based solutions. Applications will be primarily developed using WordPress and related technologies; however, a diverse range of experience in multiple technologies is desirable.
The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated and adaptable to learning and understanding new technologies, be able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet aggressive deadlines, and have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively, with remote team members.
Some of the essential aspects of the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related degree preferred
- Guide the efforts of our development team on complex WordPress website development initiatives.
- Review and recommend plugins, configurations that will improve both authoring and delivery
- Apply development/programming best practices, such as specification design/review, object-oriented development, in-line comments and other typical documentation specifications
- Database development, including database design normalization, modeling and maintenance
- Develop and execute test plans, test specifications, and test cases.
- Collaboration with QA team in design and implementation of test plans resolving any issues and ensuring software quality.
- Provide web technology support including problem research, analysis and resolution
- Collaboration with global teams to ensure that business objectives are met in a timely manner.
- At least 5+ years of professional web development experience.
- 3+ years of project experience with WordPress, with exposure to 5.0 (5.2 being a plus)
- Strong knowledge of MySQL database AND PHP database access objects
- Experience with Linux/apache
Nice skills to have:
- Experience with any of the following: CloudFront, AWS EC2 and/or Lambda@Edge
- Swift iOS
Send résumé via email to email@example.com, fax to 785-274-4305 or mail to Ogden Publications, 1503 SW 42nd St., Topeka, KS 66609 attention Tim Swietek. An equal opportunity employer.